Our MSU Upward Bound Civil Rights Tour Blog

Thursday, July 30, 2015

This trip has advanced my knowledge and made me understand things I did not before. Before this trip I was in AP US History and I remember hearing about the civil rights movement, the Tuskegee Airman, World War 2, Carnegie, Rockefeller and etc but throughout this week History came alive for me. Everything I read in textbooks applied this week and it was astonishing seeing it all in real life. It has been an amazing experience. Even the university's we have visited have been nice. I learned I would not like to attend a university where the temperature is hot, even though Michelle said its not like that all year round. :-)

One of the best tours this week was Spelman  College, an all girls college. The traditions were so cute, I wish there was one like that in Michigan. This experience has been great, I am so thankful for such an amazing week.❤️
Xitlali G.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being a part of our blog and commenting!