Our MSU Upward Bound Civil Rights Tour Blog

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Hope, Strength, and Courage

As we took this journey, through history, through the life of hope, strength and courage it made me realize the hurt each and every one had trying to get their freedom. 

As I walked in the doors of the Civil Rights Museum in Atlanta, Georgia, I felt the courage, of everyone who fought for their rights. Doing a sit-in exhibit, putting on head phones and closing my eyes changed my whole view on life. Hearing threats, name calling, and the laughs going in my ears took me to stepping in the shoes of a young African-American getting bashed at for standing for their rights. My chair rattled, my head filled with the harsh words. That 1 minute and 15 secs changed everything. It opened my eyes to strength, to hope and to be thankful for the freedom I walk every day.
Paige M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being a part of our blog and commenting!