Our MSU Upward Bound Civil Rights Tour Blog

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Experiencing a Sit-In

An important thing I learned throughout the trip was what Rosa Parks did was not illegal and she shouldn't have gotten in trouble. I'm wondering how it would feel if I was there and experienced it myself when Rosa was arrested. It makes me think what if I was in that period of time how I would have acted.

 I'm very grateful that we had the opportunity to do so much and learn new things on this trip from going to all the different museums to different colleges. My favorite college was Alabama A & M. I loved the little chant they say. My favorite museum, I can't remember the name, but they did what it would be like to be in a sit-in and it felt so real. I could just sit there and listen to it over and over but we had a time limit. I felt like it was happening to me. I was so scared and I wanted to cry. It was so eye opening and very frightening. It was so moving and not so much in a good way. I wish they'd never been treated that way. I'd never let that happen now a days. I'd be standing up for everyone and do my best to stop it. 

Life is too short to let injustice stand in the way of our freedom. 

Samantha K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being a part of our blog and commenting!