Our MSU Upward Bound Civil Rights Tour Blog

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Dexter Street

This whole trip has been a new learning experience for me. I have had so much fun and have learned so many things. One thing that stood out to me was the Dexter Street Baptist Church in Montgomery. The tour guide, Wanda was so exciting and joyful, she made the room and everyone in it have a great mood. Dexter church was the only church that Martin Luther King Jr preached in and it was a great tour knowing that he left a mark on EVERYONE, especially in the community he was best known.  
  I enjoyed all of the trip, even though mishaps happened and people were irritating. Going to all of these places has
opened my eyes a lot more and made me realized that if you have Hope and Strength, deep within, no matter what happens, God will be with you and
 you can make it through any situation. 
Kiara K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being a part of our blog and commenting!