Our MSU Upward Bound Civil Rights Tour Blog

Monday, July 27, 2015

First Six Hours

"The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round... The wheels on the bus go round and round all the live long day..."

That old nursery rhyme is all I hear in my head as we pull away from our second rest area stop of the night. The driver told us to only use the bathroom on our bus in emergencies, or we would regret it (may smell up the entire place), so we stop every 2- 2 1/2 hours as our trip carries us South. I believe we are in Southern Indiana now. Our first real stop will be for breakfast in Huntsville, Alabama. I have no idea how far away that is.

I am having trouble sleeping sitting up, so I'm not sure how much sleep I'll be getting on this bus. We have a long day ahead for us and it sounds like a good day. I guess I will just make the best of it! The bus has finally quieted down again so I'm going to try to sleep again if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being a part of our blog and commenting!